- Organization: City of Gaithersburg
- Causes: Educational, Kids
- Date(s): Deadline for entering is March 2.
- Phone: 301-258-6395
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.gaithersburgmd.gov/poi/default.asp?POI_ID=309&TOC=…
Ever wonder what it would be like to be Mayor?
City 4th graders are being encouraged to write about just that in the Maryland Municipal League's Junior Mayor essay contest.
Although it is a state-wide competition, a winner will be selected from Gaithersburg and be proclaimed the city's Junior Mayor.
Essays have to be 275 words or less and focus on this year's topic: Meeting the Challenge.
The entry form can be downloaded here.