5 Useful Things To Know Today: May 30
Five things to help you through your Wednesday.
1. Tuesday night's thunderstorms left only a few Pepco customers without power in Gaithersburg. Their is a 40 percent chance of rain today, beginning with a.m. showers, but sun is expected to shine through in the afternoon. High temperatures will approach the mid-80s.
2. The City of Gaithersburg has multiple nonprofit organizations looking for volunteers to assist with their services. A list of these organizations can be found on the City website.
3. Memorial Day Observance: Gaithersburg City will honor those who have given their lives in military service at a very special Memorial Day Observance on Wednesday, May 30, 2012, at 11 a.m. at Christman Park.
The public is invited to join the Mayor, members of the City Council, City staff, and honored guests in a tribute to Gaithersburg’s sons and daughters who have made the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
4. In case you missed it: A Metro worker for over 25 years was Medivaced from the Shady Grove Rail Yard in Gaithersburg Tuesday afternoon with serious, life-threatening injuries after being struck by a train.
5. On this day in history: The Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC, was dedicated by Chief Justice William Howard Taft in 1922.