Gaithersburg Crime: Aggravated Assaults, Armed Robberies
The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Montgomery County police released a crime summary last week for May 22 through May 30. The following incidents were reported in Gaithersburg:
A residential burglary occurred in the 14400 block of Jones Lane between 9 p.m. on Wednesday, May 23 and 8 a.m. Thursday, May 24. Entry to the home was unforced and property was taken.
An armed robbery occurred in the 900 block of Clopper Road on Tuesday, May 29 around 12:47 a.m. The suspect threatened the victim with a weapon and obtained property.
An aggravated assault occurred at the Transit Center, located at 9650 Lost Knife Road on Tuesday, May 22 around 7:40 p.m. The suspect, a 40-year-old from Gaithersburg, threatened the victim with a knife and was arrested.
An aggravated assault occurred at Lake Forest Mall, located at 701 Russell Avenue, on Wednesday, May 23 between 10-11 a.m. The suspects assaulted the victim and then fled. Suspects are described as:
- Black male, 20-24 years old, between 5 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 11 inches, weighing 160-170 pounds, has dreadlocks
- Black male, 23-24 years old, between 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 5 inches, weighing 150-160 pounds, wearing a green shirt
- Four additional suspects, age 19-24
A residential burglary occured in the 100 block of Watkins Station Circle on Sunday, May 27 at 4:14 p.m. No further information is available.
An attempted strong arm robbery occurred at a bus stop in the 500 block of Washington Grove Lane on Tuesday, May 22 at approximately 7:45 a.m. The suspect assaulted the victim and unsuccessfully attempted to obtain property. The suspect is described as:
- Black male, 20-26 years old, between 5 feet 4 inches and 5 feet 6 inches, weighing 150-160 pounds and has dreadlocks
An aggravated assault occurred at Mountain Laurel Lane and Flower Hill Way on Wednesday, May 23 between 3:30 and 3:50 p.m. The suspects assaulted the victim and then fled. They are described as:
- Hispanic male, 17-22 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall with a mustache, yellow tee shirt and khaki pants
- Hispanic male, 17-22 years old, 5 feet 8 inches tall wearing a black t-shirt and khaki pants
An attempted burglary occurred at Selective Demolitions, located at 8340 Beechcraft Avenue on Wednesday, May 23 shortly after 1 p.m. The suspects attempted a forced entry and nothing was taken. They are described as:
- Male, 6 feet to 6 feet 3 inches tall, weighing between 200-250 pounds and wearing a blue shirt and blue pants
- Male, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall, weighing between 150-200 pounds and wearing a black shirt and blue jeans
Two residential burglaries occurred on Saturday, May 26. At 6:37 p.m. entry was forced but nothing was taken in the unit block of Swan Stream Court. Between 6:45 and 7 p.m., entry was forced and property was taken from a home in the 7800 block of Mineral Springs Drive.
A commercial burglary occurred at the Exxon station located at 7983 Muncaster Mill Road on Saturday, May 26 between 2:45 a.m. and 2:50 a.m. Entry was forced and property was taken.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.