Gaithersburg Crime: Robberies, Residential Burglaries and More
The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Montgomery County police released a crime summary for July 23 through July 31. The following incidents were reported in Gaithersburg:
- An armed robbery occurred at Citibank, located at 6 Montgomery Village Avenue, on Monday, July 30, around 11:15 p.m.
- A strong arm robbery occurred at the Sunrise Learning Center, located at 8306 Shady Spring Drive, on Thursday, July 26 around 6:40 a.m.
- A robbery occurred in the 18600 block of Nathans Place on Monday, July 30, around 2 p.m. A victim was assaulted and property was taken.
- An aggravated assault occurred in the 800 block of Quince Orchard Boulevard on Tuesday, July 24. The suspect and victim are known to each other. A 42-year-old male from Gaithersburg was arrested.
- A residential burglary occurred in the unit block of McCausland Place between Monday, July 23, and Tuesday, July 24. Four suspects were arrested:
- Male, age 19, from Rockville.
- Female, age 19, from Gaithersburg.
- Male, age 20, from Gaithersburg.
- Femaile, age 21, from Derwood.
- A commercial burglary occurred in the unit block of McCausland Place between Tuesday, July 24, and Wednesday, July 25. Entry was forced and property was taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 10300 block of Royal Woods Court on Wednesday, July 25, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Entry to the home was not forced and property was taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 17600 block of Silver Dollar Court on Wednesday, July 25, shortly before 11 p.m. Method of entry to the home is unknown and property was taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 20200 block of Darlington Drive on Thursday, July 26, between 7:30 a.m. and 5:15 p.m.
- Five thefts from vehicles occurred during this reporting period.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.