Gaithersburg Crime: Sexual Assault, Aggravated Assault and More
The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Montgomery County Police released a crime summary for Oct. 22 through Oct. 31. The following incidents were reported in Gaithersburg:
- A sexual assault occurred on Tuesday, Oct. 23, in a wooded area on Thomas Farm Road. The suspects are known to the victim.
- Three thefts from vehicles occurred on Still Creek Lane on Tuesday, Oct. 23, between midnight and 8 a.m. Entry to the vehicles was not forced. Cash, coins, a cell phone and a laptop were among the property stolen.
- A residential burglary in which four bicycles were stolen from an unlocked garage occurred in the 20700 block of Delta Drive on Thursday, Oct. 25, between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- A vehicle theft occurred at the Giant Food at 229 Kentlands Boulevard on Thursday, Oct. 25, between 2:20 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- A robbery/assault occurred in the 400 block of Girard Street in Gaithersburg on Friday, Oct. 26, around 11:15 a.m. The suspect assaulted the victim and obtained property.
- An aggravated assault occurred in the unit block of Timber Rock Road on Friday, Oct. 26, at 1 p.m. The suspect assaulted the victim with a weapon.
- A theft from vehicle occurred at the Giant Food at 229 Kentlands Boulevard on Monday, Oct. 29, between 1:45 p.m. and 2 p.m. Entry to the car was not forced. A wallet and a purse were taken.
- An aggravated assault occurred in the 1000 block of West Side Drive on Tuesday, Oct. 30, around 5 p.m. The suspect assaulted the victim with a weapon and was arrested.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. A map of recent crime in Montgomery County can be viewed on Gaithersburg Patch.