Gaithersburg Crime: Sexual Assault, Armed Robbery and More
The following information was supplied by the Montgomery County Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Montgomery County Police released a crime summary for Sept. 3 through Sept. 11. The following incidents were reported in Gaithersburg:
- A sexual assault occurred in the 400 block of North Summit Avenue on Monday, Sept. 3, between 8 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. The suspect is known to the victim.
- An attempted sexual assault occurred near the McDonalds on Bureau Drive on Saturday, Sept. 8, between midnight and 4 a.m. The suspect in known to the victim.
- An armed robbery occurred in the 8500 block of Snouffer School Road on Tuesday, Sept. 11, between 4 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. The suspects threatened the victim with a weapon and obtained property.
- An aggravated assault occurred at the Extended Stay, located at 201 Professional Drive, on Saturday, Sept, 8. The suspect is known to the victim.
- Arrested: Male, age 33, from Gaithersburg
- A residential burglary occurred in the 19800 block of Filbert Drive on Saturday, Sept. 8, between noon and 1:30 p.m. Entry to the home was not forced and property was taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 20000 block of Canebrake Court on Tuesday, Sept. 4, between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. There was an attempted forced entry to the home and nothing was taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the 10100 block of Ridgeline Drive on Saturday, Sept. 8, just after 8 p.m. There was an attempted forced entry to the home and nothing was taken.
- A burglary occurred in the 400 block of Suffield Drive on Wednesday, Sept. 5, at an unknown time. Entry to the property was not forced and property was taken.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. A map of the recent crime summary for all of Montgomery County can be found on Gaithersburg Patch.