Gaithersburg Kitchen Fire Extinguished Without Any Injuries
A kitchen fire was put out Wednesday morning in the 17500 block of Towne Crest Drive in Gaithersburg.
A small kitchen fire in a Gaithersburg apartment was extinguished Wednesday morning without any injuries, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Beth Anne Nesselt told Patch.
MCFR was dispatched to the garden-style apartment in a multi-family living complex in the 17500 block of Towne Crest Drive at 10 a.m. where they found a fire caused by unattended food cooking on the stove, Nesselt said.
Multiple occupants had safely evacuated the apartment and the fire was quickly extinguished with no extension within the home, Nesselt said. The residents of the home will not be displaced.
"Reminder from the fire department — be sure to stand by your pan to prevent the number one cause of home fires: unattended cooking," Nesselt said.