Grab & Go Kids Planner
What to do with your kids this weekend.
- Strawberry Blossom Tours, Friday, April 15: An educational group outing for children preschool through 3rd grade. Children experience a working farm; see how food is grown and harvested; enjoy a hands-on planting activity. Tours offered Tuesday - Friday mornings. $8.00 per person, reservations recommended.
- Gaithersburg Skate Park Opens for 2011 Season, Friday, April 15: The City of Gaithersburg Skate Park will open for the 2011 season on Friday, April 15, 2011. Zumiez Skate Shop will be on site with free giveaways and prizes, and food and drinks will be available for purchase, courtesy of A Slice of Olde Towne. Price: Admission is $3 for residents and $5 for nonresidents. Money-saving Season Memberships are $35 for residents and $50 for nonresidents
- Bunny at Lakeforest Mall, Friday, April 15 through April 23: The Bunny is returning to Lakeforest on Friday, April 1st and will be available for hugs and photos through April 23rd at the Bunny’s Garden in Sears Court.
- HOP ON OVER! 16th Annual Bunnyland Festival at Butler’s Orchard: Saturday, April 16 & Sunday, April 17: Enjoy a hayride down the Bunny Trail, hunt for colorful eggs, visit lams, chicks, & bunnies, get a goodie basket, and much, much more! Click the link for all the dates and time. All activities run continuously throughout the day.
- Spring Shopping Boutique, Saturday, April 16: Third Annual Spring Shopping Boutique: retail and handmade items just in time for Mother's Day; 9:00am-3:00pm at the Lake Marion Community Center.
- Festival del Cebiche, Saturday, April 16: Peruvian festival from 11:00am – 5:00pm at Cebiche House Restaurant in Gaithersburg. Free opportunity to taste the authentic flavor of Northern style ceviche, accompanied by its yuca fries, chifle (fried plantain), and zarandaja beans. Special Performance: Duo Oswaldo and Boris.
- The Fantasticks- Presented by Rockville Musical Theatre at the Gaithersburg Art Barn, Friday, April 15- Sunday, April 18: 'The Fantasticks tells the story of two meddling parents who push their children into falling in love, but soon they grow restless of the situation and stray from one another. The Fantasticks, with music by Harvey Schmidt, and book and lyrics by Tom Jones runs April 1 through 17, 2011, with performances on Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Admission is $18, $16 for City residents.
- International Day of the Book, Sunday, April 17: Old Town Kensington invites you to celebrate the International Day of the Book. The street festival will celebrate literature with live music, book readings, activities for children and adults and a surplus of books. Local authors, publishers, literary groups and booksellers will line Howard Avenue to show, sell and discus books. Free.
- Arab American Heritage Festival Features Food, Dance, Music, Arts & Crafts, Sunday, April 17: The free festival features poetry readings, arts and crafts, Dabkeh dance, live music, Middle-Eastern food, cultural exhibits, a fashion show, vendors, henna, calligraphy, and children’s activities. Donations of non-perishable, healthy food items are encouraged. Event is held from 12 – 4:00pm at the Activity Center at Bohrer Park.
- T-Shirt Design Contest for All Students in Grades K-12 Sponsored by Washington Revels, Daily until April 18: Students are invited to send in a drawing for a t-shirt design contest sponsored by Washington Revels. The winning design will go on the official SunFest 2011 t-shirt for the 2nd Annual Washington Revels SunFest.