Here's How You Create an Account on Patch
It's a simple process, and it gives you access to all our features.
Membership has its privileges and by creating a free account on Gaithersburg Patch, users have access to do an incredible amount of things to do on our site.
The photo gallery provides step-by-step instructions on how to create an account. Remember the most important step is to activate your Patch account by clicking the authorization link that will be emailed to you. If you don't see that email in a timely manner, please check your spam folders — for some reason that email often ends up there.
Once you create an account on Gaithersburg Patch, you will be dialed in to all our features.
Once you're officially on board, you can:
- Comment on stories.
- Upload photos or videos to our stories or to our Neighborhood Gallery.
- Post announcements or events about your group, family or business.
- Send a news tip that goes directly to the local editor — you'll see the button on this page.
- Claim a business listing.
- Review restaurants or businesses.
- Access future features that are introduced on Patch