On the Agenda: Historic Building Designations at Kentlands
The Gaithersburg mayor and City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall's council chambers.
After a joint visit last Tuesday to eight Kentlands properties with the Gaithersburg Planning Commission, the mayor and city council will hold a joint public hearing on the applications for historic designation of those six buildings and two sites original to the circa 1900 Kentlands Old Farm/Tschiffely Kent Farm at Monday evening's mayor and council meeting.
The city's Historic District Commission (HDC) began reviewing the Old Farm and Kent Farm properties in 2011 and at their Aug. 2, 2012 meeting, the Commission authorized city staff to initiate historic designation applications for all eight of the properties recommended for historic designation, according to city documents.
The eight properties include:
- Kentlands Mansion
- Brick Building/Woodshop
- Arts Barn
- Caretaker's House
- Garden Shed
- Garage, Kentlands Carriage House
- Grotto (Pheasant House)/Crypt
- Springhouse Ruins
For more information on the historic designation process and background information on the properties, visit the city of Gaithersburg website.
Also on the agenda:
- An application to rezone 33.54 acres of land on the Izaak Walton League of America, Inc. property from the R-A (Low Density Residential) zone to the MXD (Mixed Use Development)
- Amendment to city code "Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Management"
- Economic Development Update
Additional agenda items can be found on the city of Gaithersburg website.