Invite a friend
Have you ever wanted to know if a stream is healthy or not? Have you ever wanted to see what lives under the rocks and in the mud of a creek? Come out as we learn about the invertebrates that indicate a healthy stream. Then be ready to explore and find them. Dress in old clothing and water shoes that you do not mind getting wet and dirty.
More About Seneca Creek State Park
Seneca Creek State Park offers a variety of trails for mountain biking and hiking, playgrounds and picnic areas for family time and scenic views of Clopper Lake. It extends for 14 miles, following Seneca Creek through Montgomery County to the Potomac River. The 90-acre lake offers fishing and boating, as well. Visitors can explore the area's history on a short self-guided tour, and there is a disc-golf course and hunting within the park.
Other events here
- Peony Walking Tours at Seneca Creek State Park May 17, 2013 / May 23, 2013, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Pontoon Boat Tours at Seneca Creek State Park Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Pontoon Boat Tours at Seneca Creek State Park Weekly on Saturdays and Sundays, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Take Me Fishing at Seneca Creek State Park June 1, 2013 / June 15, 2013 / June 29, 2013, 9:30 am–11:00 am
- Junior Rangers at Seneca Creek State Park Weekly on Thursdays,