A map released Monday morning by Montgomery County details the locations for planned Capital Bikeshare stations in the Gaithersburg area.
, with many of the locations closely aligned with the border of Gaithersburg.
According to the map, bikeshare stations in the Gaithersburg area will be at the following locations:
- Shady Grove Metro Station
- Johns Hopkins University — Montgomery County Campus
- Intersection of Medical Center Drive and Key West Ave. (Rt. 28)
- Intersection of Broschart Road and Blackwell Road
- Intersection of Medical Center Drive and Medical Center Way
- King Farm
- Intersection of King Farm Boulevard and Piccard Drive
- Intersection of King Farm Boulevard and Pleasant Drive
- University of Maryland — Shady Grove Center
- Intersection of Traville Gateway Drive and Gudelski Drive
- Intersection of Fallsgrove Drive and Fallsgrove Boulevard
- Intersection of Fallsgrove Drive and West Montgomery Avenue (Rt. 28)
- Intersection of Crabbs Branch Way and Redland Road
- Intersection of Needwood Road and Eagles Head Court
Although no stations are currently planned within Gaithersburg city limits, Gaithersburg officials are hopeful they can bring some locations to the city in 2013.