What was the top story for Gaithersburg in 2012? We're counting down the year's top 30 stories on Gaithersburg Patch as 2012 comes to a close. Interested in more top stories? Check out the top 24 stories from across all Maryland Patch sites in 2012 on Gaithersburg Patch.
30. Man Dies After Being Run Down By Car In Gaithersburg (Dec. 5, 2012) -- The death of a 34-year-old Gaithersburg man is investigated as a homicide after he was run down by a car along West Diamond Avenue.
29. Demolition of Old Circuit City Building Underway (Feb. 21, 2012) -- Demolition of the old Circuit City building in Quince Orchard Plaza began to make way for a new LA Fitness.
28. City Manager Angel Jones Resigns (June 14, 2012) -- Gaithersburg City Manager Angel Jones resigned following multiple performance reviews conducted by the mayor and City Council.
27. Police Investigate Alleged Rape Near Hadley Farms (July 10, 2012) -- Detectives from Montgomery County Police investigated the report of a rape at the Green Farm Conservation Park, located at 8711 Snouffer School Road in Gaithersburg
26. City Econ. Development Guru Sheds Light on Chevy's Closing (Feb. 21, 2012) -- Gaithersburg's Director of Economic Development Tom Lonergan says Chevy's may have closed down because the company has been in financial trouble, but the closing won't do much to hurt the city
Check back with Gaithersburg Patch on Thursday for No. 25-21.