The Save Ten Mile Creek Coalition is 23 rganizations including civic, watershed, faith‐based, and environmental groups representing many thousands of Montgomery County voters working together to protect our drinking water supply and save our County’s last, best creek.
Save Ten Mile Creek Coalition – January 2014 Update
Three Council Committee worksessions in January, preparing for an expected Council vote in February.
Our Message to the Montgomery County Council ‐‐ Contact councilmembers now and tell them:
- I drink water and I vote.
- Save, don’t pave, Ten Mile Creek: I want full protection for our last, best creek.
- Ten Mile Creek is the cleanest source of water to our region’s only nearby emergency drinking water supply – Little Seneca Reservoir, which scientists say will be needed more often in the future due to increased droughts.
- Please let me know how you plan to vote on the Ten Mile Creek Limited Amendment.
Swing Votes on the Council: emails are especially needed to be sent to:
Councilmember Nancy Navarro – District 4 – email@example.com
Councilmember George Leventhal – At‐Large – firstname.lastname@example.org
Councilmember Hans Riemer – At‐Large – email@example.com
Council Events on the Ten Mile Creek plan in January 2014 ‐ Council building, 100 Maryland Ave. Rockville
- Monday, January 13th – 2 pm‐ Council Joint Committee Worksession – 7th floor.
- Friday, January 17th ‐ 9:30 am ‐Council Joint Committee Worksession – 7th floor
- Friday, January 24th ‐ 9:30 am ‐Council Joint Committee Worksession – 7th floor re: Clarksburg Historic District boundary
Please plan to attend as many of these sessions as you can – the worksessions are open to the public to witness.
Community Events on Ten Mile Creek in January & February
- Ten Mile Creek‐potluck music jam 9819 Capitol View Ave ‐ Silver Spring ‐ Sunday, January 19th 1 to 4 pm; for
- more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 8 – West Montgomery County Citizens Association – 7 pm wmcca.org Potomac Community Center
- January 12‐ Kehila Chadasha Green Program – 10 am http://www.e‐kehila.org/node/9701
- January 12 – Sierra Club outing to Ten Mile Creek – 1 pm‐‐. http://www.sierrapotomac.org/events.htm. Jointly
- sponsored by MD and DC Sierra Club chapters: http://dc.sierraclub.org/calendar/detail.asp?ID=1177.
- January 15 – Izaak Walton League, meeting of Bethesda Chapter
- January 17‐ LEAD (Latino Environmental Awareness & Direction) with Pablo Blank
- February 9th – Interfaith workshop http://www.muddybranch.org/event/interfaith‐workshop
For More Information