Montgomery County police released a crime summary for July 30 through Aug. 7. The following incidents were reported in Gaithersburg:
- An armed robbery occurred outside of Southlakes Elementary School, located at 18201 Contour Road, on Friday, Aug. 3, around 11:30 p.m. An adult male victim and friend had purchased beer from a nearby store and were approached by two suspects who asked if they could have one. The victims complied and after a minute of so, one suspect produced a gun and pistol whipped both victims. Cash, a wallet and a cell phone were stolen.
- A strong-arm robbery occurred on a Ride-On bus in the area of Shady Grove Road and Frederick Road on Monday, Aug. 6, around 5:15 p.m. The female victim was slapped by the suspect who stole her iPhone and fled on foot. The phone was tracked to the Westfield Mall where a suspect was located, positively identified by the victim and arrested.
- A residential burglary occurred in the unit block of Oak Shade Road on Saturday, Aug. 4. An ex-boyfriend of the victim was arrested at his home after using a key to enter the victim's home.
- Arrested: Male, age 24, from Silver Spring
- A residential burglary occurred in the 8600 block of Fountain Valley Drive on Monday, Aug. 6. Entry to the home is unknown and it;s unclear whether anything was taken.
- A residential burglary occurred in the 300 block of Dogwood Drive on Monday, Aug. 6. Entry to the home is unkown and it's unclear if anything was taken.
- An attempted residential burglary occurred in the unit block of Shady Spring Place on Tuesday, July 31, and involved known parties. A dispute escalated when four or five of the parties tried to kick in the front door of the adult female resident. All suspects fled before police arrival.
- Suspect: African-American female, 5 feet 6 inches, 150 pounds, age 20
- Suspect: African-American female, 5 feet 5 inches, 146 pounds, age 30
- Suspect vehicle: Silver Acura CL
- A commercial burglary occurred at Eddie's Carryout, located at 10001 Stedwick Road, between Sunday, Aug. 5, at 10:30 p.m. and Monday, Aug. 6, at 10:45 a.m. Entry to the home was forced, cash was taken.
- Multiple thefts from vehicles occurred on streets along the Lewisberry Drive corridor on consecutive Monday mornings over nine days prior to Thursday, Aug. 16. Beginning overnight between July 29 and July 30, and then again probably after midnight on Aug. 6, at least six vehicles had windows smashed in attempts to steal property left in the vecicle.
- Stolen items include: wallets, cash, credit/debit cards and iPods.
- Affected streets include: 8800 block of Sturbridge Place, 7600 block of Miller Fall Road, 17600 block of Wheat Fall Drive, 8500 block of Tindal Springs Drive, 8600 block of Fountain Valley Drive and the 8800 block of Dowling Park place.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.