No one was injured in a small kitchen fire in a Gaithersburg town home Monday night, Rockville Volunteer Fire Dept. Chief Scott Emmons said.
Firefighters were dispatched to a town home in the 170 block of Gold Kettle Drive at approximately 9:33 p.m. for a kitchen fire, Emmons said. Firefighters were able to extinguish the stove top fire within five minutes of arrival. The fire did not extend into units on either side of the home, Emmons said.
The home's two occupants, including a deaf adult male, were able to exit the home without injury before firefighters arrived on scene, Emmons said, adding the second occupant of the home was asleep upstairs.