Eight city committees are in need of new members, according to the city of Gaithersburg website.
"Joining a city committee is a way to get involved and help the mayor and City Council in their strategic planning process," the vacancy posting reads. "All committees act in an advisory role. City staff help facilitate meetings and report recommendations to the mayor and City Council. Preference will be given to Gaithersburg residents and those who have businesses within the city."
Committees with vacancies include:
- Community Advisory Committee
- Cultural Arts Advisory Committee (and Subcommittees)
- Art in Public Places Committee
- Olde Towne Advisory Committee
- Environmental Affairs Committee
- Educational Enrichment Committee
- Multicultural Affairs Committee
- Police Advisory Committee
For more information, including how to apply for a committee, visit the city of Gaithersburg website.