The Gaithersburg Mayor and City Council will consider a resolution to enter into supplemental agreements with nonprofit agencies and schools for the City of Gaithersburg nonprofit RFP contracts, school grants and school-based nonprofit youth grant programs during Monday night's 7:30 meeting at .
After deciding the City Manager RFP contracts and grants based on the recommendations of city officials, the following additional funding is recommended to the Mayor and Council as part of the resolution:
- $15,000 to Workforce Solutions, the prime contractor for the Nonprofit Workforce, Job Development & Financial Empowerment RFP. The additional funding will allow for collaboration with the Spanish Catholic Center to serve a unique population in Gaithersburg.
- $21,627 in total additional funding for the five previously approved grantees for School Based Nonprofit grants based on a new allocation formula recommended by the Educational Enrichment Committee.
- $3,200 to for two school grants to support the READ ABOUT program and a Homework Club.
More information about the resolution can be found on the City of Gaithersburg website.
Additional items on the agenda for Monday night's meeting include:
- Consent Items
- Resolution of the Mayor and City Council Authorizing the Acting City Manager to Enter into a Contract for Catering Services at the Gaithersburg Upcounty Senior Center
- Resolution of the Mayor and City Council Authorizing the City Manager to Enter into a Contract for the Activity Center at Bohrer Park Gym Floor Refinishing Project
- Resolution of the City Council Confirming Appointments by the Mayor to the Environmental Affairs Committee and Police Advisory Committee
- Introduction of the Newly Hired Planning and Code Administration Director - John Schlichting
- Recognition of the 2012 Middle Atlantic Recreation and Parks Spot Alliance “Good Sport” Award Recipient
- Economic Development Update
- Presentation by the Kentlands Downtown Partnership on the Pursuit of a Maryland Arts and Entertainment District Designation within the Kentlands Community
- Ordinances, Resolutions and Regulations
- Resolution of the Mayor and City Council Granting Approval of Temp-12-001, Louise' s Heritage, LLC, for the Temporary Allowance of Truck Parking on Metropolitan Grove Road
- Policy Discussion and Staff Guidance
- Review of Draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for Adaptive Reuse or Redevelopment of the Kentlands Firehouse