Montgomery County will host a public forum tonight in Rockville about proposed changes to the county’s Ride On bus service.
The forum will be held at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria on the terrace level of the at 101 Monroe St.
Reservations for speaking spots closed Sept. 22, but written comments are being accepted through 5 p.m. on Monday. Mail or deliver comments to: Division of Transit Services, Ride On Public Forum, 101 Monroe Street, 5th Floor, Rockville, MD 20850; email: email@example.com; or fax: 240-777-5801.
Ride On has proposed changes to six Ride On routes and one Metrobus route operated on Saturday by Ride On. The proposed changes seek to better serve “areas that have been recently developed and to eliminate sections of routes that are underperforming,” according a statement from the county.
The following changes, which would take effect in January, are being proposed:
- Route 38: The route would be restructured to split at White Flint Station, creating two separate routes. Route 38 East would serve a new area in Connecticut Estates. Route 38 West would serve Park Potomac, a new residential and business development. The two routes would share the same end location at White Flint Station.
- Route 47: The new revised Rockville and Bethesda route would also serve Park Potomac.
- Route 52: The route would be restructured to add more frequency and serve a new subdivision in Olney, but would eliminate service along Headwaters Drive and reduce service on Olney-Sandy Spring Road (MD108) between Prince Phillip Drive and Georgia Avenue.
- Route 53: The route would be restructured to improve on time performance and serve the Intercounty Connector Park and Ride Lot. It would eliminate service in the reverse direction of the rush hour from Olney to Shady Grove Metro.
- Route 58: The route would serve the new Kaiser Permanente medical facility on Watkins Mill Road and would orovides improved connections with other Ride On routes.
- Route 98: The route would extend to the Kingsview Park and Ride Lot from the Germantown Transit Center via the Cinnamon Woods community during the peak hour and extend to the SoccerPlex on weekends. It would serve the new Father Hurley Blvd extended and add new midday and Sunday service. It would eliminate service to Seabreeze Court and along Wisteria Drive.
- Route Z2: A Metrobus route operated on Saturdays by Ride On would be discontinued. This service with low ridership duplicates existing service on Metrobus C8 and Z8.