The Main Street Music Festival opens in June with many a chance to jump, jive and wail.
The Nighthawks, a Washington, D.C., based blues band with over 20 albums since 1972, will open the festival on Thursday, June 14 at Main Street Pavilion Park in the Kentlands.
Held at the 325 Main Street location every Thursday until Aug. 2, the free festival runs from 6-9 p.m. and features a local opening band, a regional headliner, and booths from local business.
The summer schedule, according to a release from concert organizers Pritchard Festival Productions, is:
- June 14—The Nighthawks
- June 21—Janine Gilbert-Carter
- June 28—The US Army Field Band Brass Quintent
- July 5—Bad Influence
- July 12—Ruthie & The Wranglers
- July 19—Damon Foreman & Blue Funk
- July 26—Vicki Genfan
- Aug. 2—Tim & Savannah Finch with The Eastman String Band