Gaithersburg Elementary School
Located just a block from the heart of Olde Towne, Gaithersburg Elementary School embraces the cultural diversity of its students. The building, which used to be called Gaithersburg School, at one point housed all grades, from first through 12th. The school features an in-house health clinic and participates in the county-wide Linkages to Learning Program for at-risk youth.
- Fax: 301-548-7524
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:40am - 3:05pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps and elevator in the school.
- Founding Date: Sep 01 2010
- Number of students: 600
- Male-to-female ratio: 53.6 : 46.4
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Gaithersburg Elementary School is a Title 1 school, which means it receives supplemental funding from the Federal Government because some students have high economic needs.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8.6 : 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 53 faculty, 23 staff
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Principal Stephanie Brant: "We are very engaged with our community. Our administrative secretary sponsors a weekly flea market. Our Parent Resource Center supports all families who live in the Gaithersburg community."
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K through 6th grade
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Computer lab, tutoring, extra science lab time, Hands On Equations, Quick Reads, Reading Recovery, William and Mary, Junior Great Books,
- Student clubs: Mrs. Wolfe's Math Club, chess club