As you approach the main outdoor shopping and dining area of RIO, you'll encounter Romano's Macaroni Grill in the outlying parking area. This Gaithersburg location of the popular national Italian restaurant serves fresh and authentic Italian Mediterranean cuisine. Its menu includes a nice selection of appetizers - from traditional antipasto and fresh olives to calamari and crab-stuffed mushrooms.
Entrees range from chicken or seafood-topped salads to homemade pastas in a variety of shapes, covered in any of a number of sauces, to simply seasoned meats like sausage, lamb, beef or chicken in their "Spiedini" line of plates.
Romano's prides themseleves on suggesting wines to accompany and complement any of its dishes, with some listed on the menu while others are seasonal suggestions informed to you by the knowledgeable wait staff. Romano's also offers "family-style" dining, but only for takeout or catering.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, Sun, 11am - 10pm; Fri - Sat, 11am - 11pm
- Handicap Accessible: Door is at sidewalk level
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.macaronigrill.com/Menu/Menu.aspx?UnitID=4100020198&…
- Specialties: Spiedini (lightly-seasoned) meats, seafood, poultry dishes.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Signature dishes: Spiedini entrees
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Any of the freshly made pastas
- Price level: $$
- Number of tables: 60
- Features: Dinner, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual