Seneca Creek State Park offers a variety of trails for mountain biking and hiking, playgrounds and picnic areas for family time and scenic views of Clopper Lake. It extends for 14 miles, following Seneca Creek through Montgomery County to the Potomac River. The 90-acre lake offers fishing and boating, as well. Visitors can explore the area's history on a short self-guided tour, and there is a disc-golf course and hunting within the park.
- Hours: Sunrise - sunset
- Handicap Accessible: The curb cuts to the gift shop and there are no steps.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Beach, Benches, Boat dock, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Gift shop, Ranger, Restrooms
- Permit requirements: Hunting permits required
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No smoking
- Area: 6300 acres
- Features: Jungle gym, See-saw, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Number of trails: 5
- Average trail length: 2
- Trail types: Cross-country skiing, Hiking, Horseback, Mountain biking
- Scenic views: Yes
- What is the best time of year and day to explore the trails?: All seasons. There is excellent mountain biking and hiking in the warmer months and cross-country skiing when it snows.