A Saturday night fire caused upward of $70,000 to a garage and home in the Kentlands.
A Saturday night fire caused by the illegal discharge of fireworks in a Kentlands garage resulted in damages upward of $70,000. Scott Graham, Assistant Chief of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, told Patch the fire at 733 Kent Oaks Mews resulted in no injuries and took approximately 40 minutes to control. Kent Oaks Mews is located off Kent Oaks Way in Gaithersburg's Kentlands neighborhood and is a short drive from Tschiffely Square, the location of Rachel Carson Elementary School, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and multiple businesses.
Total damage came to approximately $70,000.
Firefighters were called at 10:45 p.m. Saturday to 733 Kent Oaks Mews in the Kentlands area of Gaithersburg, where they found a garage on fire, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services. Assistant Chief Scott Graham said that MCFRS's Fire and Explosives Investigation Section had determined that illegally discharged fireworks had started the fire. There were no injuries, but the total damage was approximately $70,000, Graham said. Using one water line to attack the garage fire and two lines to protect nearby structures, firefighters brought the fire under control in approximately 40 minutes, according to Graham. MCFRS stayed on the scene for approximately three hours. All fireworks in Montgomery County are illegal. RELATED …