The following is the three categories of design to consider when you are making your flooring decision.
- Color, here are a few basic guidelines to use:
- Light colors create a feeling of space but they can also show stains.
- Medium-to-dark tones are cozy and assist in hiding various stains.
- Neutrals tend to blend in with the background and furnishings, and can really help unify a space.
- Bold colors tend to become a focal point within a room. This is very important to consider if you are looking for something else to be the focal point of that area.
- Accent colors are used to punctuate, for example, in a colored inlay or as a contrasting border.
- Space and light:
- The amount of light in any area can completely change the mood for that room. Example: Bedrooms should have a softer light for relaxing. Where a dining room should be well lit for entertaining and the feeling of warmth.
- The direction in which a room faces has a great effect on color. A western faced room is going to experience far more natural light and can handle darker colors; as opposed to a room facing the east, which needs lighter colors and more artificial lights.
- Let the amount of light and space help you define the flooring foundation of the room.
- Patterns and Textures:
- The combination of different flooring material and finishes gives a room its depth and interest.
- A pattern can break up an expanse of large areas and brings out the character and intrigue to any space. It can also be what you use to create an accent or focal point.
- When using carpet, try selecting a patterned look to add additional texture to any room.
With all of the flooring choices available today; use the abov decorating ideas to select your next carpet, hardwood, vinyl, laminate, or ceramic tile floor.
As always, I thank you for taking the time to read, hope to hear from you soon. -Jeff ShipeCall us for all of your Gaithersburg, MD flooring needs at 1-888-96-FLOOR (1-888-963-5667) or visit our website at http://www.atyourdooronline.com/