.

Odor At GHS Prompts Evacuation

Two students taken to hospital, "not feeling well."

A portable classroom was evacuated this morning and two students were taken to a hospital after a strange odor was detected at , according to Fire and Rescue officials.

Shortly after 8:30 this morning, students and staff in a portable classroom reported smelling an odor, according to Capt. Oscar Garcia, a spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.

School staff evacuated the portable and called 911, Garcia said.

A hazardous material response team arrived and tested the air, but nothing harmful or toxic was detected, he said. The team did not smell any odor by the time they arrived.

Two students complained of "not feeling well," and they were taken to an area hospital as a precaution, Garcia said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »