Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett will discuss budget priorities for 2016 during public forum in Germantown next week.
The forum, scheduled for Monday, Jan. 6 at BlackRock Center for the Arts, is the first of five such forums scheduled throughout the county. Leggett said he uses the input he gets from these forums to help him set the tone for upcoming operating budgets.
The county executive will formally submit a budget to the Montgomery County Council on March 17. The County Council will approve the operating budget at the end of May.
The budget forums begin at 7 p.m. are scheduled for:
- Monday, Jan. 6, BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown.
- Monday, Jan. 13, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda.
- Thursday, Jan. 16, Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring.
- Monday, Jan. 27, Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Road, Silver Spring.
- Wednesday, Jan. 29, Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place, Silver Spring.